Certified Bioenergetic Therapists (CBT)
Bioenergetic therapists are trained to develop an in depth comprehension of the relationships between mind and body. They understand how the body records childhood experiences, conflicts and the related emotions, and they recognize the resulting restrictive patterns in the form and motility of the body.
Bioenergetic therapists develop a relationship with their clients to work concurrently on the body and emotional levels to form a safe, nurturing and therapeutic environment conducive to exploring the struggles that bring their clients into therapy .
Finding a psychotherapist is an important process. Our emotional injuries occur within the context of relationships. Hence, our healing must also occur within the therapeutic relationship. This makes the selection of your therapist very significant. It is important to find a therapist with whom you believe you can develop a sense of safety and trust.
The persons listed below are in three categories: (1) Certified Bioenergetic Therapists, (2) Final Year Trainees and (3) Clinical Phase Trainees. Most are in the Dallas-Fort Worth vicinity.
(1) Certified Bioenergetic Therapists have been certified to practice bioenergetic psychotherapy by the Dallas Society for Bioenergetic Analysis and have the initials CBT following their names. In doing so, they have completed a minimum of 5 years of professional training, have a minimum of 150 hours of bioenergetic therapy and a minimum of 50 hours of bioenergetic supervision. A CBT with the designation ATA, Approved Training Analyst, is a training therapist for our trainees.
(2) Persons listed as having completed their training have completed a minimum of 5 years of bioenergetic training but may have either some remaining personal bioenergetic therpy or bioenergetic supervision hours to complete.
(3) Clinical Phase Trainees are advanced trainees who practice bioenergetic therapy under the supervision of a person designated by the Dallas Society for Bioenergetic Analysis.
All persons listed on this page are required to be licensed by the State of Texas to practice psychotherapy, to be members in the Dallas Society for Bioenergetic Analysis and the International Institute for Bioenergetic Analysis, and to agree to uphold all ethical and professional standards of a bioenergetic therapist. The Dallas Society for Bioenergetic Analysis is not liable for actions or practices of the therapists listed on our referral page. If the name of the person is in color, left click on that name for additional information on the person.
CERTIFIED BIOENERGETIC THERAPISTS
Linda Doutre, MSEd, LPC, LMFT, CBT, ATA
(817) 461-6131 (Arlington, TX.)
(817) 801-1519 fax
Susan Ellis, MA, LMFT, CBT, ATA
(972) 416-5511 (Carrollton, TX.)
Katrena Hart, MS, LPC, CBT, TEP, ATA
(972) 562-5002 (Allen, TX.)
Katrena's web site
Linda Hines, M.Ed., LPC, LADC, CHt, CBT, ATA
(405) 595-6603 (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
Linda's web site
Peggy Roberts, MSW, LCSW, CBT, ATA (817) 988-3578 (Keller, TX)email@example.com Sherri Lackman-Cheatham, MA, LPC, CBT, ATA (972) 231-4466 (Woodland Park, CO.)SherriLackman@msn.comSherri's web site
Rick Spletter, LCSW, LPC, CBT, ATA
Jenny Streit-Horn Ph.D., LPC-S, NCC, CBT 207 W Hickery, Suite 207 Denton, TX. 76201 (904) 367-8383 (phone) (904) 591-9154 (fax)